Following the German defeat, and the
Versailles treaty agreement, the allies appointed the firm Simson to be the sole Luger
producer to equip the German Military, and police troops authorized under the treaty
(100,000 men). This contract went on from 1922 to 1932, during which some 25,000 Lugers
were issued. The Simson Lugers bore specific markings and one can find the firm's name on
the front toggle link or the S code letter (at the end of the production). In 1934 the
firm was dismantled by the Nazi power. The machinery was transferred to the Gustloff Werke
firm. To get more information, refer to our book.