It was in 1904 that the German Marine adopted
the Luger pistol as a regulation side-arm. It asked and obtained some modifications as a
longer 150 mm barrel, the addition of an adjustable two position (100 - 200 mm) rear sight
and the adaptation of a removable wood board stock bearing a metal disk screwed on the
left side. Produced until 1917, the Marine Luger successively underwent all the
regular model modifications. The former wooden bottom magazine bore concentrical rings. To
get more information, refer to our book.