In 1908, The German Army at its turn adopted
the Luger pistol in 9 mm calibre with a 100 mm (4 inches) barrel. Well known under the
reference of P08, it did no more include a grip safety. First built up without a stock
lug, this one was added in 1914, even if a specific stock for the short (regular) model
was never available. From 1911 on, the pistol was produced by the Erfurt Arsenal as well.
All the Military Lugers bear the date of fabrication on the chamber as many other specific
markings relating to proof and inspections. To get more information, refer to our book.