In 1958, the Army Marksmanship Unit of
Fort Benning, would have been at the origin of developments relating to the adaptation of
the .38 S&W Special revolver cartridge (wad cutter) to a Colt Government. Colt
furnished the kits of conversion to this end. The .38 barrel bore only one locking rib.
These kits (in .38 S or .45 ACP with regular barrel) were finished following the
end-user's desires, with different types of sight. In 1964, some 300 kits serialized with
an H suffix were sold to a dealer named Gil Hebard. To get more information read our book.